RCU Forums - View Single Post - Grass Runway
Thread: Grass Runway
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 04:49 AM
toolmaker7341

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ETpilot
You all have my head buzzing with runway length and width. I had a rough idea of size but needed a more accurate picture. So today I got the ole tape measure out to measure my driveway and front lawn area. My driveway would make a great runway if not for the road at the end and trees on each side. Just a bit narrow. Anyway from garage to road edge 280'. Width of grass area 85'. So I am thinking 200-250' by 40-45' would make a good home runway. Now I have some markers set so I can keep that size in mind.

Thanks for for all the suggestions and advice. I, initially, was going trike but have changed to tail dragger and gas. This is one interesting adventure.
You got it now you will be most comfortable with that size as I recommended in my earlier post.

50' X 250'-300' grass is more than enough for any size planes including turbines. I would recommend the shorter the better.1"-1 1/2" doesnt take any longer to mow it shorter than longer and taxiing is much easier. My home grass runway is 50' X 300'