RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Sport Plane?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 01:05 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozarth
So I can save pounds by "sanding the whole airframe a good bit", "taking extra weight out of the nose block", cutting "lightening holes in the stab", putting "lightening holes down the bottom and sides in the long rung of planking", not using "too much epoxy.".......No way this will save you pounds....Oh I forgot, put A LIGHTER ENGINE ON IT - that might help. But "saving pounds" is an exaggeration.

Kurt
For guys like you Kurt, your right, saving pounds would be an exaggeration. It's always the same arguments from you armchair builders and flyers, you come in here and talk the talk but you have never shown anything that you can actually walk the walk.

I guess it is just easier to sit on the sidelines and express your "expert" opinion as illustrated above without ever making any real effort to find out for yourselves like F Phillips has done. Then you ask your uneducated question like how much weight can you save by doing these things you do while building because you obviously have never done them yourself or you would have your answers; then when somebody gives you honest, educated positive feedback answer from experience mind you of the real possibilities... POOF the armchair expert appears and comes out with a negative uneducated feedback argument statement by printing "No way this will save you pounds.... "saving pounds" is an exaggeration.

I guess you are now going to tell us that you "honestly" really knew the answer to your question all along and you were only trying to see if anybody else really knew.

Bob

Last edited by sensei; 09-10-2014 at 04:13 AM.