RCU Forums - View Single Post - Testing the new NV (Norvel) .40 size (6.5cc) gasoline glow engine
Old 09-09-2014, 02:40 PM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called Jtecrc yesterday for a pitts muffler. They said about $40.

I have an extra Sig Miniplane cowl. My plane is a mid- or should-wing type plane with a pod fuse and an aluminum boom to an inverted tail with trike gear. Basically made up as I go along.

If high wing it will be like the attached photo.

If mid wing then the wing will be low enough so the fuselage extends of the wing and then an open cockpit and wind screen.

I thought about a fantasy plane (high wing version) that was supposed to have a span of 2 miles and be able to carry full size aircraft carriers but still fly on a 2-cylinder engine. Basically the scaly is achieved by having a very tiny windscreen.

But even with my very active imagination that's really pushing it. They Reynolds numbers became so big they became Reynolds letters, blah, blah... whatever I could make up as a back story.

Obviously there's not a lot of area to mount the stab so I'm going with low weight, thick wing and lots of area to keep the speed down.

You can't tell in these photos but there was a balsa plug to give additional glue area and a fillet all around. It was a solid mount. I made this one up as I was going along probably when I was about 19 or 20. It was the tail boom from my American RC Mantis debacle.

I need another Miniplane cowl. It's just a great cowl for all kinds of things. I want to build a delta wing with a fuselage that uses the same cowl. Should be a nice looking plane. Or maybe a swept flying wing. Won't matter. No matter what kind of wing it will look good.

I should contact the fiberglass people and just have them send me a case of them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	flying_mini_van_001.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	2030710   Click image for larger version

Name:	flying_mini_van_002.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	2030711