RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Sport Plane?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sensei
For guys like you Kurt, your right, saving pounds would be an exaggeration. It's always the same arguments from you armchair builders and flyers, you come in here and talk the talk but you have never shown anything that you can actually walk the walk.

I guess it is just easier to sit on the sidelines and express your "expert" opinion as illustrated above without ever making any real effort to find out for yourselves like F Phillips has done. Then you ask your uneducated question like how much weight can you save by doing these things you do while building because you obviously have never done them yourself or you would have your answers; then when somebody gives you honest, educated positive feedback answer from experience mind you of the real possibilities... POOF the armchair expert appears and comes out with a negative uneducated feedback argument statement by printing "No way this will save you pounds.... "saving pounds" is an exaggeration.

I guess you are now going to tell us that you "honestly" really knew the answer to your question all along and you were only trying to see if anybody else really knew.

Bob
Bob - I can't keep up with you when you keep editing your comments. I don't need the harassment - I'm already married!!!
...but back to our discussion...If you reduced a plane's overall weight from 5.5 lbs down to 3.0 lbs, and assuming your radio/engine/etc weights an estimated 1 1/2 pounds, then you reduced your airframe weight from 4 lbs down to 1.5 lbs. Either the 5.5 lb weight is an exaggeration or your 3 lb weigh is an exaggeration.

Mustangman177's weight reduction is much more reasonable.

Next, thank you for allowing me to repost the video of us armchair builders flying some of the planes we built (yes, some have ARFs, but we let them fly with us on special occasions). I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did making it!

Kurt

http://youtu.be/IXh-lUcX8Pw