RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bavarian Demon Cortex in a Bandit
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 05:54 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
It does not get any easier than this, select a three position switch for the gyro gain. Move it each direction and determine in which position the gyro LED glows green (Hold Mode) set that side of the switch in you ATV to ZERO, now you will have two off postions. Flip the switch to the side that make the LED glow Amber set that side of the switch to 40%. Next, Program the Gyro,have your control surfaces move the same amount during the programming step. VERIFY the gyro is responding correctly. You do this by lifting a wing tip and the aileron will follow your hand to compensate, do the same with the rudder and elevator the surface SHOULD ALWAYS follow your hand movement.

With gyro off for the T/O climb to a safe altitude and activate the gyro enjoy the flight, it is that simple. Once you get comfortable you can do more advanced programming.
Bob,

So with this method, the 3 position switch is setup before the gyro is programmed, then you go though the blinking light/control throw sequence. Do I have that right?

With 40% ATV, what gyro gain does that correspond to? If you want to set up the other side "off" switch position to a lower gain, what would be a good starting ATV?

FYI, I'm putting one in my big Futura and trying to decide if I should use the built in Gyro feature on my 12X or this "easy" method.

Thanks,

Craig