RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bavarian Demon Cortex in a Bandit
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles
Great info here. Two questions. Why do you have to turn expo off? Isn't that going to change the way we personally like the inputs to be translated? I am thinking about putting this in a rookie with bi-directional thrust vector. Can I set up those two in HH and put the ailerons on non-HH?
It is suggested to turn Expo off or reduce your current setting (depending how much you use) because the Cortex will inherently "feel" softer in the middle once it's on. I did not notice much difference on my ailerons, but definitely felt the "softer" elevator when making a turn and pulling. I have since gotten used to the feel, but it is definitely different with the gyro On.

You could always couple different Expo percentages with the gyro gain switch so when the gyro is On, it automatically reduces your Expo and when Off, it goes back to your original settings. It would take some messing around with the values to make the plane feel the same in all conditions. I pretty much fly with one gain setting in my SW now, so I haven't messed with it again.

Regarding the HH and non-HH? You can make one bank Rate mode and the other bank HH, and do some "custom" gains with the PC, but I'm not sure you can have both modes on at the same time. Someone with a much deeper knowledge of the software will have to tackle this. Bob B?

Last edited by George; 09-12-2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Forgot the second part of your post.