RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM 50cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by splatoman
Hi I am the one that Peter was talking about. First the plane fly's very well and with the FG84 sounds so good. I spent about 12 months building the aircraft up and doing all of the scale bits on it I could not see any of the problems with the centre section. On the first test flight all was well came in did some adjustments and went up again that's when it happened. On inspection of the centre section we found that the fiberglass was a very dry lay up and that a lot of the ribs were not glued to the skin. The spare was not up to the job at all it would have been at home on a 40" model not on a 85" one. After this and m ESM Tigercat I don't think that I will buy any more.

Brad,that's crap mate, all
that time and money invested simply due to shoddy design on ESM part. Main spar is definitely not up to the job and look at how much meat is removed from those ribs. There is a tiny amount around 8mm that splits and lets go. Anty weight reduction measures should be circular to dispribute the load but have enough meat left !!!

Same thing you had with the centre section of your Tigercat.

If you were to get one you would have to cut the centre section open and pull the skin off so it could be beefed up. But what about the outer panels? Where do you stop? Brad I'd be going back to Austars about this. Nopt fit for purpose comes to mind. Richard had some problem with one of his and get satisfaction from them. Ask the question.

cheers

me