RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale Line Models Great Lakes Trainer Build
Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Everyone, and especially Jason above:

Greetings from the ever warm Valley of the Sun.

Great thread, enjoying all the builds and photos. I have a mint kits of the Great Lakes: 1/4 Scale IKON N' West, Model Tech ARC, little Flyline, the above discussed Scale line, and oh Wow! last month eBayed a legendary Vic's Custom Models kit from the 60s, [78" ws]. ANd Yes, the GL is one of my favourite designs also. I was doint some research today, and found that I have plans for Bill Northrup's GL, [40" ws], published in AAM June '58 issue, plans could easily be double-sized. Also, in Bill Northrup's Model Builder magazines he featured 2 big GLs around 80" ws, [+/-], the GL 2T-1E 1/4 Scale in the March '82 issue, and Harold Krier GL Special, also 1/4 scale, in the Oct. '82 issue. Both of these mags have beautiful GL cover photos.

Bill Northrup was a good Friend, and unfortunately passed away recently, but most of the Plans presented in his Model Builder Magazines are still available: see Classified Ad on pg 169 of the Aug '14 issue of Model Aviation, 'Bill Northrop's Plan Service: call 702-896-2162, Also Jason, keep a watch in eBay for GL kits, that is where I found most of mine, they show up every now and then, when they do, pounce on'em, don't let'em get away.

I hope the above info was of assistance to you, glad to be of help, gotta go, da Sandman has sprinkled dust in eyes and am getting sleepy, best regards from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.