RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Giant Citabria GP/EP ARF 85"
Old 09-15-2014, 03:24 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By now there should be about 4 of us with this in their hands. I spent hours this weekend working on it. the quality is top, I can not say anything negitive about the workmanship. I also see a lot of great planing and designing here. Another thing, PLYWOOD! There is a lot of it here. I cant confirm it, but it looks like all the wing ribbs are ply. and a lot all around in the fuse. Now I know that also means weight, but really, for a model like this, I really dont think it is a big concern. I am not doing 3D with this so I am happy to trade a little weight for strength here. also, I am overpowering this so vertical performance is not a problem. Now the wing loading is light, so adding weight will also give stability in the wind, really when landing. so I am really not concerned with this aircraft coming in at 16 or 17 Lbs.
Now to list the negitives. the windshield was not protected very well and had scuff marks. Nothing I cant polish out. And I am concerned about how well the stab and fin is secured to the tail. I was expecting the fin at the leading edge to have something more to glue to there. But the guy wires may add a little to it, otherwise I would be a little more concerned. so far that is the only weakness I have found. but I am only half way through the build.
Now one more very minor detail, and this shows just how spoiled i have become. The wing servo trays mount blocks are not outlined as they have been in the past like in the Revolver.