RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 05:52 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
I may be a fan of castor but that is changing, I am not a fan of gasoline/petrol. Even converted I run them on glow. I have been known to slip some castor into the fuel tank of my lawn mower and chainsaw. I found out yesterday that the big 1.50 can still bite back when it gets a little lean. It appears that at 11.24 to 1 compression ratio auto ignition can still happen even with CDI.

PS, my rocking chair has two wheels and a 1200cc engine and my pipe hasn't been touched since 1980. I still have it though.
My 12.7:1 FA-180 doesn't kick back @ 35° BTDC when leaned out. It merely starts to sag in RPM, but I don't know what it would do if I kept screwing the HSN in.

I have about 1/4 turn of HSN @ the top end that doesn't affect RPM. I set the needle @ the rich end of maximum RPM setting. Open up the needle slowly. When the RPM sags, lean it down slowly, just a couple of clicks, just enough to were it picks back up.

Castor & the elevated EGTs associated W/CDI do not play well together. Even W/full synthetic, after 60+ gallons of 15% Cool Power went through my FA-150 CDI, it had some coking in the exhaust port. I imagine it would be even worse W/castor added to the mix.

Gas, since it runs even higher EGTs, would be even moreso I would think.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 09-17-2014 at 06:02 AM.