RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 09:04 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
My 12.7:1 FA-180 doesn't kick back @ 35° BTDC when leaned out. It merely starts to sag in RPM, but I don't know what it would do if I kept screwing the HSN in.

I have about 1/4 turn of HSN @ the top end that doesn't affect RPM. I set the needle @ the rich end of maximum RPM setting. Open up the needle slowly. When the RPM sags, lean it down slowly, just a couple of clicks, just enough to were it picks back up.

Castor & the elevated EGTs associated W/CDI do not play well together. Even W/full synthetic, after 60+ gallons of 15% Cool Power went through my FA-150 CDI, it had some coking in the exhaust port. I imagine it would be even worse W/castor added to the mix.

Gas, since it runs even higher EGTs, would be even moreso I would think.
Instructions for the FG-11 include cleaning the muffler to get rid of the coking or other buildup and is a recommended maintenance. I think the only thing that would be needed to convert the FG to a CDI Glow would be to change the carb. With that said, why not get the ignition from Saito? The collet has a magnet in it and a set screw to secure it to the shaft, add that and the hall effect and you have pretty much the FG with a glow carb.