RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bud Nosen Mr. mulligan
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 06:27 PM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had kind of an interesting day at the field today. First, I was flying my fun fly twist when the throttle servo quit working, at full throttle. That wasn't too big a deal. Just fly around till it stops. Then, I'm flying my Rearwin Speedster when all of a Sussex, when I go to full throttle, she pulls hard to one side, so I throttle back to land, and it won't throttle down either past half throttle. I had control from half to full, but nothing below half. So, I bring it around at half, and kill the ignition, and grease it in nice. Whew, close call. Ok, so then, I shoulda just packed it up and left, but decided to take the mustang for a spin instead. After two good flights, I go to drop the gear, and nothing. Lost the air line at the tank. Had to make a belly landing. No prob. Perfect landing. So NOW, I pack it up and go home. What the heck? Three planes, three emergency landings. As for Mr. M, it's coming along. I'm soon to be out of work until I get my wing tube and landing gear. The bottom stringers are installed and still need to be sanded. I'll hold off on the side stringers until I'm sure all the work is done back there. They won't take long anyway. I want to start on the wings, but without having the tube and socket to actually measure, I don't want to make the holes in the ribs too big, so I'll wait. Maybe I'll work in the H. Stab and get it shaped and sanded. By the way, the reason for the trouble with the speedster, broken motor mount. When I would pull the stick back to idle, it would literally pull the whole engine thus not coming past half throttle. What a day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	2033154