RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox vs. Norvel
Thread: Cox vs. Norvel
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:52 PM
rcuser004
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mr. Cox: We had this conversation three years ago when the throttle was first introduced. I designed it and then had one of my machine companies manufacture it for Cox International. Did you ever buy one? It is ONLY $14.95. Call it whatever you want but it works as designed and regardless of what was done in the 60's, this throttle works with the inexpensive Cox reed engines. Thousands have been sold and those using them are very pleased with the performance at a VERY SMALL COST. It allows them to control the speed of their engines from idle to full power and then to shut down the engine when their flight is complete! For the authority you try to be on this forum, I am rather surprised you haven't bought one. Like I said, it is only $14.95.

Yes other manufacturers are beyond this concept as their engines are far more sophisticated. The Cox engine was designed, I believe, in the 1950s. They are still the same basic design, not nearly the current technology of modern engines. This throttle was developed to work with the level of technology of the Cox engine at a very inexpensive price. Quit being so negative and buy one. Then, after you use it, please explain to me how you would develop and manufacture an alternate product with at least comparable performance, and sell it "retail" for under $15.00?

Last edited by rcuser004; 09-18-2014 at 12:22 AM.