RCU Forums - View Single Post - New from IMEX/Taigen! M4A3 75mm Sherman :)
Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FreakyDude
the product is different enough that some will buy one and some will buy another. I honestly feel that competition is good. The HL is a 105 so a comparison but not really, Imex is a 75 and Mato is a complete metal 75.
the mato metal will lose this battle
if Taigen price this like their other premium tanks, I am not so sure about that. What are we going to be looking at for a price $400??? Mato's all metal tank will be in the same price range, has proper suspension, better detailing, Opening hatches etc..

Competition is good, but I don't need to tell you what a small market this is. It would be nice if these manufactures worked together a bit and got on the same page. If Taigen would have left the Sherman to Mato and then put the time, money and effort into something really new, then people would be less choked about this.

People had the same compliant about Heng Long. Why release everything that Tamiya has already done, and now we have Taigen re releasing everything Heng Long does.

Yes I am thankful for the Metal T-34 chassis, and am quite willing to spend the dollars on that.

On positive note, I think the Taigen Metal Sherman chassis with the better tracks is the real event in this release. Hopefully these will be available as a part, like the T-34 chassis.