RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood (All P-47s Welcome)
Old 09-19-2014, 03:05 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fly2XS
It looks great Frank!
What did you use for your smoke system and how did you get it to fit?[
- Tank Size?
- What Pump?
- location in Fuselage?
- Images?

Thanks!
Scott
QUOTE=sparky4lawndart;11880988]hey guys... My captured TF GS P-47 won Best ARF Bash at the Warbirds over the Rockies event this weekend... YAY!!!

11 flights with this bird over 3 days... smoke system was a hit, big crowd pleaser... came home with all the same parts on my birds ( a few extra dings but nothing too serious)
[/QUOTE]

not a lot of room so I put a RotoFuel 16oz tank above the Great Planes 24oz tank (the TF stock tanks seams fail for me all the time)... I had a Sullivan SkyWriter laying around so I used it... I reworked the center section a bit and put a flat piece of ply all the way to the front bulkhead... I built a box for the throttle and choke and glued that in place on the right side (looking down into the fuse). I thought I'd have problems with being nose heavy but I ended up having to put 1lbs weight on the standoffs for a good CG. It's a DA50 but I wish I had a lot more motor. It flies very well and lands even better. I ended up using two Castle 20Amp BECs getting power from to 3s 2200Mah LiPos. She's a keeper!