RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon Cortex Gyro question
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 03:14 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Hi guys,

Am I suppose to power up the device? Why can't I find anywhere how to use the PC connection and do the download, even when I click to check online, nothing happens.........a bit ordinary, not all of us have the sense of a sniffer dog to figure it out??? I can see that the 'connected device has an 'unknown' firmware version.....so what???

I don't have the gyro installed, just took it out the box and connected it to my PC.....am I suppose to install it first.....if so, how am I suppose to know that?

I absolutely hate products without decent instructions.......ggggrrrrrrr!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Jan
Agree Jan. Something else that's not mentioned (or labeled on the gyro) is which way to plug in the leads. It's easy enough to figure out from the adapter plug that comes with the unit but why not make it perfectly clear? I needed to power mine up for the update just like you and was very nervous about plugging in the power backwards. Just for confirmation, the negative (black/brown) wire goes to the front of the unit.

FWI, I'll be testing mine in flight for the first time today at Super Jet South.

Craig

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4763_edited-1.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	2034703