RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mato Metal Sherman
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 08:21 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Not stiring the pot just offering the facts for comparison.
I agree.

This levels the M4 field completely. You can have Tamiya without a Tx/Rx for $500, you can have this for $600 (provided shipping is free, I can't tell from the preorder, if it ends up being another $150 the comparisons out the window) with Tx.

Sounds are probably a wash, but Tamiya wins on electronics. I'm not sure on suspension, the Tamiya HVSS is a solid system, but if it compares, to me the VVSS would be more useful. Tamiya tracks are excellent, but Matos options are much better. Recoil, barrel and hatches go to Mato, Tamiya's old tired mold doesn't float my boat, although I don't know if this is any better besides the hatches. There are a lot of unknowns with the Mato that would help: bearings? inside photos, etc.

If I was standing in a shop with $600 in my pocket, I'd have a hard choice, but I'd probably go Mato if the innards looked okay. That said, if I was standing in a shop with a friend who had $600 in his pocket and it was his first tank, I help him carry the Tamiya suitcase to the counter.