RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 06:39 PM
flyn2high
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In regards to having to use the wedge to adjust the pitch of the blades on the non-solo prop hub. I have a 3 blade 32" solo prop and tried to use the adjustable dial to set the pitch by first taking out the backlash. I made my own wedge to check the accuracy and consistency between each blade. They were way off using the dial. It takes a little while to set each blade up with the wedge but I feel that it is much more accurate way to go. Not only was the pitch setting incorrect using the dial but each blade was not the same pitch.

What I did to calculate the angle of the wedge is to choose a distance from the center then find the circumference of that circle. The angle is triged out using the length of the circumference for the adjacent side and the desired pitch as the opposite side of the angle.

Way back I used to fly heli's and if one blade was pitched just a little more then the other when view on end they were not in line. To see which one is forward you use a little colored tape on one. You can see which one is high and which is low. The reason I mention it is that on my engine all three blades are inline when running up. I don't recommend doing this as it is the most dangerous place to stand if something goes wrong.