RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon Cortex Gyro question
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 02:47 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Craig please post your impression of the gyro after you get a few flights on it.
Bob,
I made two flights yesterday with the gyro and.......WOW! You guys were right. I was a little skeptical since my big Futura was such a smooth flying *****cat without a gyro, but when we flipped that switch, the improvement was immediate. Absolutely rock solid flight, perfect rolls and straight knife edge passes.....all this in mildly windy conditions. It's interesting how the gyro can accomplish that and still respond smoothly to the slightest control input.

FWIW, on my 12X I used the gyro channel (as Harley suggested) with the 3 position Aux 2 switch. Settings were Off, 30% gain and 50% gain ("gain" being the percentage between Off and full gyro input). One of the Demon Cortex guys named Mike helped me on the first flight and suggested I back the 30% gain down 3 or 4 percent for "normal" flight because he said I was getting some slight elevator oscillation in turns, which I didn't see but took his advise anyway. I used the higher gain for landing.

Anyhow, a great product and really simple to set up. Gordon D. was so impressed we're going to stick one in his KingCat today.

Thanks for the help,

Craig