RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet
Old 09-25-2014, 11:43 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I've done over 350 flights on my Reaction (and there were two previous owners) so the bird is showing her age and it's time for an overhaul. John Weaver repainted his short nosed Reaction in a VF-84 "Jolly Roger" scheme and added some F-4ish details and it looks really good so I thought I'd do a VF-111 "Sundowners" Reaction long nose.

These are the modifications that are planned/in progress. IR sensor/blister under nose, two pilot cockpit with canopy frame, air inlet splitter plates, gear doors on the main gear struts, forward door for nose gear, molded in nav lights in the wingtips and fin, molded in landing lights in the wing leading edge, beacon lights on the dorsal and belly, drop tanks under the wings, Sundowners paint scheme with Fed-Std paints, and an anhedral stab.

I got the canopy frame molded, paint is on order, the lights arrived from Electrodynamics yesterday, a used stab to modify arrives Friday, and half the plane has been stripped and primed. It'll be a busy next few weeks to have it ready for Best In The West. I'll add some more photos of the mods over the next few weeks. Here's the canopy frame and paint scheme.

Regards,

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	2035018   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	2035019