RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 09:52 AM
mach2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redtail
Thanks guys, I have received a great response from an 55RA install. Its only 100 additional rpms. Never knew there was an 85" version. Not for me. I just want to fly IMAC Basic with something different. I am a scale modeler and I believe that flying IMAC will make you a better pilot. Not wanting to move up the IMAC skill level. Just want to be a more precise pilot. Chic
Can you give a little more info on what you're doing exactly? Are you installing a DLE 55ra on a 70" Revolver? And you got 100 more rpm over what, a standard DLE 55?

A DLE 20 is a bit overkill for the Rev 70", so a 55 shouldn't even be a consideration. It's WAY too heavy for this plane (both wing loading and CG). If it does fly, it won't fly well, and you'd need a Texas mile and a ton of airspeed to get it back on the ground. Not to mention the airframe and engine box being quickly destroyed by the weight, power/torque and vibration of such a huge engine. And the prop? There isn't enough ground clearance for a prop that would be used on a 55cc engine...

With that said (I'm going to assume I misunderstood you about putting a DLE 55 on the 70), from my experience with this plane and hearing from guys who have flown IMAC , the Revolver would be a good plane for IMAC and precision aerobatics in general. It's got a wonderful wing. I've never competed in IMAC so I don't know all the rules, but I thought the planes had to be of a IMAA legal size. I know the IMAA is no longer in operation, but I'm under the understanding that the 70 would be to small, which would leave you with the 50cc Revolver as your only option.

Hopefully an IMAC guy can chime in here, but there may also be a rule about the model having to be based on an actual full size aircraft, which the Revolver is not. But like I said, that may not be accurate because I haven't recently read the IMAC rule book.

Now I may again be misunderstanding you about your flying and you may want to simply fly an IMAC style for fun on your own. If you're not planning on competing, then I think the Revolver is right up your alley.