RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon Cortex Gyro question
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 12:18 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mick15
I have to admit to being disappointed with my Cortex feeling I have been misled. Before purchase I emailed Demon to ask if it was compatible with the 18MZ Robbe 2018 and sBus, the reply was "yes". Shortly after unboxing I find it has no sBus output which if used would totally negate the principal of sBus.
i spoke to the factory guy at Jetpower who told me it would be 12 months for them to drag themselves into the twenty first century!
Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the Cortex but I think that 'being misled' is a tad harsh; it sounds to me like a simple error in communication. The Cortex is S-Bus compatable in exactly the same way that a SBD-1 decoder is and many people use it in S-Bus systems, and it will work with the 18MZ and Robbe 2018 as they told you (just not in the way you want it to). As you correctly state, the Cortex doesn't have an S-Bus output and I'm sure if you had asked that question they would have explained the output limitations (as has been discussed already here in detail).

It is still a very good gyro if you can work around the lack of S-Bus output. If this is a critical feature then if you speak to Bavarian Demon (or whoever you purchased it from) and explain your disappointment then I am sure they will look after you.