RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon Cortex Gyro question
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 05:30 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 83 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles
Bob B, I'm certain its connected properly, the two elevators wouldn't work if it wasn't. Zero chance the polarity is wrong on the leads. Even if I had them wrong, the rudder would physically move. I did not go through the learn process because the ailerons, rudder and aux did not work. I did plug the jumper in and watched it go through the steps, and the rudder did jerk. But it won't allow me to give input. Do I need to reset the gyro since it was already set up in another plane? The directions say no, but that could be it? I have not used the software yet confirmed which version of software/firmware I have. Again, it worked fine in another plane, so doubt that would be a factor either.

Thanks

Depending on how your electric test plane was setup ie: "y" harnesses could part of the problem you are having. You said you plugged in the jumper and watched the the gyro go through its steps, if you do not move the sticks once in programming mode the gyro will ignore any of those channels that are plugged in. As Wayne suggested check the basic radio setup, then reintroduce the gyro to the install. Here to help, just let me know,
Bob