RCU Forums - View Single Post - Advice for first R/C tank choice
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 04:36 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Lightbulb

Welcome to the forum here Marc. Plenty of experience and advice where no single answer is particularly right or wrong but just a variation.

Even with the cost of a Tamiya product is much higher than all the rest, there's a reason for it. It's called quality. Plus, YOU can control the build from the very start. Whether it's an out of the box build or a total modification/upgrade build you will know the tank from the first little bolt to the finish coat of paint. Plus you can get the EXACT radio for it starting at around $80 to a multichannel radio costing hundreds. It's YOUR choice there too.

I think RTR's are fantastic and without them I believe there would be a small amount of us around here but if you're into building & assembling AND... you want your tank to act and respond much like the real thing, do yourself a favor that on at least ONE tank in your brigade make it a Tamiya.

If you have any questions on how, where, or when feel free to ask me anytime. I have built many Tamiya tanks, converted HL brands into Tamiya compatible (which is a few of my projects right now) battlefield-ready-fighters to just plain drive around tanks.

Jeff

Last edited by Panther F; 09-29-2014 at 04:39 AM.