RCU Forums - View Single Post - Advice for first R/C tank choice
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 04:39 AM
MarcParis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your feedack.

If I understand correctly, in terms of quality, here is the order : HL<Taigen/Torro<Tamiya (good to know)
Is there any other companies that produces good R/C tanks? I found VS tank, waltersons what do you think about them?

About metal/plastic, my request will be to have, at least, all wheel/torsion bar/propulsion device in metal. I guess I would appreciate the metalic sound of tracks..
In terms of details, what is better? Metal or Plastics?
I saw that Tiger I in full metal is almost 8kg...isn't it a lot for engine? (overheating?)

About radio transmitter, well I'm completely noob on it, what will your advice?
On Taigen/Torro tanks is it a good/reliable receiver/electronics?

Is it possible to upgrade Tamiya tank in metal version (I saw one video on Youtube showing the change...but I don't know much on that)?

For HL tanks, is it feasible to replace parts to more reliable or/and realistics (sound) one (electronics, engines, etc..)?

I've several scenarii in fact :
  • Go for HL Tiger I full metal, and upgrade it step by step (that supposes that HL base is robust enough) (faster and cheapest (to start) way, but toy like)
  • Go for Tamiya (break my wallet also), buy a transmitter/battery, take time to build/paint it as I want (more work, more expensive way, best realism)
  • Go for Torro metal Konig Tiger and upgrade few things (medium cost, medium performance)

I guess I'm far from decision lol..