RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon Cortex Gyro question
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 12:04 PM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Jan,
Yes, that is correct, the higher the end point value, the higher the gain for the associated bank and since the scale is 0% - 100%, gain should match the end point values very closely. However, I don't think you have any need to worry about values near the high end of the scale as you will never be able to run your gains anywhere near that high of a value. If i recall correctly, the setup guide recommends starting with a value of 20% in normal mode or 40% in hold mode. I don't personally use hold mode as it is best suited to hovering, etc, but in normal mode, I never get above 30% gain before oscillations begin. The amount of gain you will be able to use will be affected by servo speed and precision, airframe vibration, linkage slop, control surface size, etc. Start with a low value and work your way up. You'll be amazed at how locked in the plane is with a relatively low gain value.
Hello Wayne,

When oscillations begin, does it happen only on one axis or all. what if we need more gain on ailerons and less on elevator. whats the correct procedure for setup.

Thanks
Chatty.