RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club FOX!
Thread: Club FOX!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 02:48 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cougar429
Still primarily suspect a pressure problem or you have a restriction in the carb line.

One thing to remember is that the Fox 74 will require a lot more fuel at full throttle than any of the previously mentioned motors.

What happened with the 55AX, (cannot add question marks till I figure out what format changed on the keyboard. All I get is É).
Peeled liner killed the OS 55AX, it would run until it warms up (about a minute) and then quits. I had pumped some dirty fuel from the bottom of a jug because the clunk in the fuel jug clunk was my filter and the filter fell off. So, during one flight, the dirt clogged the carb, caused a leanout during flight, and quickly killed the OS. I cleaned out the fuel system after that and ran 2 other engines (4-strokes) successfully.

BTW, I just checked that the Fox 74 muffler pressure nipple was not clogged. Maybe the other engines have better fuel suction/pressurization? This problem did not exist before on the Fox 74 in another plane. So, it must be the fuel tank/tubing.