RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kingtech K180g Vs K210G, why buy a 180?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 09:30 AM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
One thing to keep in mind is its about 47 pounds of thrust! So people need to use their throttle stick accordingly. Already had a friend blow his plane up in flight with the 210 flying it to hard. You need to pull that left stick back with the 210
Kris,

I am not a big fan of the "use your left stick" approach to oversized engines. You should set up your planes to take full power whenever full power is called for. If your turbine is oversized, reduce the max RPM to your desired and safe thrust level

I fly a BVM mig 15 with a Cheetah. that is 31 pounds of thrust on a 22 pound airframe. So i lower the RPM's to bring it down to like 20 pounds or so. I can then use the full range of my throttle.

If you fly just one plane, maybe the left stick approach is ok, but if you are flying multiple planes, you can't be on a guessing mode all the time. This gets more exagerated when you are trying to fly precise aerobatics, where muscle memory is key

Net, my point, if you want a 210, go for it, it will be more versatile as you move it around airframes. but lower the max RPM's to the right thrust level for your aircraft.

BTW, a fun experiment is to ask a pilot their perceived stick position during flight. They will swear they are at 1/4 throttle when they really are at 3/4. You can't trust your perceived stick position to avoid blowing up your plane

Just my humble opinion
Jack