RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 01:15 PM
CaptRKO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some more...... the airplane will have ship number "314" and have the "N" number of N314RK as if she is a current 2014 flying Corsair (my dream) ..

RK=my first to initials and also the initials of one Captain Richard "Dick" Kaiser former Naval Aviator and Eastern Airlines Pilot. When I was 12 I was lucky to stumble upon an open garage door and inside were several RC airplanes one of which was a Corsair along side a F8F Bearcat....this was circa 1983-ish....I asked if I could take a look....I was amazed at the size and scale not to mention the awesomeness of the Corsair, I met the man working behind a huge workbench and we exchanged handshakes---I introduced myself as the new neighbor kid down the street and found out that Capt'n Kaiser was a Pilot for Eastern and flew F4U-4's and -5's in Korea in the 50's ....he was impressed that a 12 year old kid knew what they were and I ended every answer in YES SIR! NO SIR!

Anyway this started a friendship and we "adopted" each other as he didn't have a son and I didn't have a father at times....he taught me to fly RC and over the next 25 years I grew up into a Commercial Airline pilot myself.....with much credit to "Captn Kaiser! "

This one is for you Captain Kaiser!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8445.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	2036798   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8472.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	2036799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8426.JPG
Views:	148