RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A Boomerang
Thread: 1/2A Boomerang
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 07:41 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Toucan sat dormant for a while, I've been doing a few other things through summer and into September, lots of time in the Moth for example*. And I been building a jet, that's a bit of a transgr.. er, digression.

I got hung up too long on a tiny fuel shutoff mechanism for this thing, so today I finally said screw it and Dremeled a little slot in the side of the cowl for a hemostat or microclip. Perfect. Done.

So tonight I weighed it with everything.. battery, step up regulator, Rx, fuel system, engine, cowl and prop = 265g = 9.35oz. I'm good with that.

Home stretch now.. stick down the battery, regulator, Rx etc. and hook it all up. Line the bladder compartment. I'm not making a bladder tube. From the wing forward everything is impervious to fuel. I'll line the forward fuselage, slide in the bladder, then retain it with a 1" thick piece of foam stuffed just in front of the wing root. If the bladder bursts, the engine starves and dies, nose down and the fuel can pour out past the engine... failing that the foam will absorb and act as a barrier. No problemo.

50/50 for this weekend, both finishing radio install and final setup and bad forecast. But.. nearly there now.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gen20147111072.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	2036866