RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why rebuilding turbine by jet companies cost so much $ is this monopol .
Old 10-03-2014, 05:26 PM
bw5493
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the price of turbines might drop when Hobby King cranks them out at $500 a pop. I agree, Bob at Jetcat USA's treatment of me and my P70's catastrophic failure with an hours run time cost them my future business. I now own King Tech's. I won't buy another Jet cat, plain and simple. I'll buy any other brand pretty much. It cost me over $800 for something Jet Cat should have covered under warranty. As for routine maintenance you are referring to, as a Jet Mech, like I was in the USAF, you know rebuilding a jet isn;t rocket science. Yes, you need specialty tools, and those cost a lot of money. Our little toy turbines..not so much. You can cut your costs down on the engines as well by sending it in when it actually show signs of getting old, not at 25 hours. Most EU countries even have a 50 hour spec for Jet Cats in Germany etc. If you run the oils King tech recommends, you may even get further. You can buy the ceramic bearings from Boca Bearing for your Jet Cat!! And replace them yourself. You can soak the parts in MEK, or Trichloroethylene, and that will remove the soot and carbon build up. Then check the turbine balance and if okay, re-assemble and go another 50+ hours. Total cost about $150 plus your own time.