RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why rebuilding turbine by jet companies cost so much $ is this monopol .
Old 10-03-2014, 05:37 PM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
At the risk of sounding somewhat elitist, the high price tags, whether warranted or not, keep most of the riff raff out of the jet world. Can you imagine the carnage if Joe Average modeller could afford a turbine? One only has to read some of the other forums on here to get an idea of what goes on. It wouldn't be long before none of us were allowed to fly them.

The high price tag has the benefit of generally only allowing a well established , mature individual with years of modelling experience being able to afford a turbine. The sting to the pocket book eliminates the inexperienced yahoo's.

Mike
I have been in the hobby for almost 40 years and jets for 14 yrs and I still find this comment offensive. There are lots of very capable young fliers, (maybe even more capable than the "established, mature individual" referred to above, whose only drawback may be that they can't afford the jet part of the hobby right now.....this does not make these good kids 'riff raff'......obviously money can't buy class!