RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question for Horrace Cain, candidate for AMA Executive VP in 2014 re: AMA and drones
Old 10-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Hopefully with Hoss's help AMA can grow that end of the business. LOL
LCS, most of the time I find it easy to decipher your codes. However this one is not so easy. In reality, I will be a bad choice for those that wish to get heavily into the drone and groan stuff. You guys are trying to get me into a fight about the FPV stuff. I have no problem with the person that likes to play around with the drone that uses the same amount of airspace that a BIG BIRD type model airplane uses with an RC pilot driving it. Just another way of RCing.
When it comes to sending any size machine out Cross-Country without the ability to keep it in visual control only by the eye, not some visual machine, then I do not buy that kind of operation. To me I see $$$ waving in someone's brain and that is not good for our sport. (Notice I seldom use "hobby") I consider model aviation a SPORT.

You guys might think I am some kind of dummy, but if I get elected there will be some serious heart-burn in various places. Nope, if not elected, then the war is over. If there is a business it will be for MODEL AVIATION in all current realms. There is a significant number of new DVPs that will be on the EC next year. Times are a changin', Ol' Pards.
Yet, there are also numbers of targets, and I may well be one.