RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why rebuilding turbine by jet companies cost so much $ is this monopol .
Old 10-04-2014, 07:52 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
I like your build on the f-14 .I just don't have the capital to build new brand of turbine and this is hard to dour at least in USA its much easier in countries with less expensive labor and where it's so many government owned cnc machines and low paid quality workers. The point is I wish the will be more competition in this hobby to make this more affordable you don't have to drive Ferrari to make you happy the Toyota Honda will do just fine maybe least expensive turbine will make the hobby better and not so isolated to others with less income that was my point. Don't hate me for trying make this hobby better for all.If it would make u happier turbines would be more affordability
No no one is "hating" you. People are just stating the simple economics behind current prices. With each turbine manufacturer, prices for repair vary and you have cheaper options.

And screw having the Ferrari of turbine engines. That just sounds like a maintenance headache. Give me the Porsche of turbine engines. High performance, great design, and reliable!