RCU Forums - View Single Post - D2 vs D3 Shootout October 11-12 2014 McDonough,Ga
Old 10-04-2014, 08:02 AM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vquick
This is the thing for me to do this contest i have to take a day off from work without pay also i put my money to do the event that include trophy and the food for the dinner all that come from my pocket if we don't have quorum i lose money plus the club expect to get money from events without quorum I will lose money on this and im not in this for that.
I'm with you, Victor. I ran a Helicopter Fly-In back in August and only had 9 pilots show up - 8 of them were local. Ugh. So there I was: CD of the event on the hottest day of the year (114F Heat Index), field shut down on a Saturday (NOT a helo club), more club members in attendance than registered helicopter pilots (cooks, officers, ect.), all to host one guy who drove over from Arkansas.
Good times I tell ya, good times . . .
So mazjag, I can tell you that Victor and all the guys who were planning on attending feel worse about this than you do. As mentioned above, folks interest drops off after the Nats (late July) and will begin to perk up next spring once we begin thawing out and guy have their new ships built and ready for maiden flights. The Florida pilots rub our noses in it all winter, but that's another discussion. All I can say I find some other pattern flyers in your area and start practicing / getting coaching for next year. There are some well attended contests in the spring that you can attend and hopefully your attitude about pattern flying will change.
The NSRCA doesn't host the local contests, individual pattern pilots do. Everyone here are highly paid (NOT!) volunteers. I think that NSRCA elections are coming up and many of the officers are term limiting out, perhaps you could run for one of the leadership positions on NSRCA and put in place a notification system like in your BMW racing org.
You have my vote!!

Last edited by klhoard; 10-04-2014 at 08:05 AM.