RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 01:43 PM
JB-Hobbies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Aloha,
I tried to go to JR Hobbies web site and pre order the model...but unable to find how to pre order the P-38. I would like a kit myself and wonder if its an exact copy of the VQ model. If so...great. I would also like a set of retracts to go with the model. Are the retracts electric of pneumatic? Nothing beats good electric retracts, for they are less complicated in operation and no other equipment needed to make them work.

What type of finish...Super Monakote?...I pray its not the same shelf paper covering that most of VQ models come with. This covering is imposable to repair or to re -shrink...it really sucks. I've built several VQ models over the years (my last one is the A26 Invader) and really do not like this type of covering at all. If the model comes with the old VQ shelf paper covering...would it be possible to order a airframe, ready to cover-or uncovered?

Pm me when the models are ready to ship...and I'll take one, with the retractable landing gear.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Hello all,
James here from JB Hobbies. We'll begin taking pre-orders on the P-38 once they're on the water heading our way. Even when pre-sales open up those of you who've contacted me directly are already on the reserve list so you're covered.

I'll double-check with the manufacturer on the covering to see if it's the same PVC covering used on the other models but I'm pretty sure it is.

Please note there are now two versions of the P-38: glow/gas and "EG" for electric power. The battery hatches in the EG version will be located on the underside of each engine nacelle just forward of the gear doors. If any of you are in the Los Angeles area we'll have an EG model on display. When you contact me for reservation please indicate color and power option.

One last comment, due to the great response I've increased my order with Vinh Quang Models. The upside is that almost twice as many are coming. The downside is that it will another week or two. So the arrival date will likely be late in November possibly even early December depending on Customs clearance. Either way it will be a good Christmas!

James