RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR Matchbox end point programming
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 03:29 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by turnnburn
The reason you personally try to keep them off of aileron and elevator is because it introduces one additional possible failure point on a primary flight control ??
Potentially, yes, but as I said, I have put them in many, many aircraft with thousands of total flights and never had a problem. There is also the issue that the servos on those surfaces tend to use the most power and putting them through a Matchbox means another set of connectors and associated voltage drops, but again, that's not a major issue.

Using old servos (I don't) even if you don't trust them is totally different than using a new, known component for its intended use. To compare that, or using a "known faulty component," to using a Matchbox or in a jet is ludicrous. The giant scale guys have been using Matchboxes for multiple servos on ailerons, elevators, and rudders *forever* in harsher environments than our jets and they have a good reputation. I would not hesitate to use them - if you can get them adjusted correctly.

Bob