RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 05:38 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

QUESTION ???

I am currently building my UF, I have had quite a time trying to get the saddle tanks (Kevlar upgraded ones from Jet-Tech) to work with the inlet duct/bypass setup, It is super tight in there what a pain.
When I put my wing on, the front pins go in great, but it does not lay flat against the fuselage rails, it sits up just a little, maybe about 3/16 inch. If I push down on the rear of the wing it will go down like it is supposed to, I don't have to push super hard, but I do have to push. If I let go it will pop back up. If I installed the bolts, it would definitely pull the wing tight against the fuse, and hold it, like it is supposed to be. So I started pulling stuff out to see what was causing the interference, I removed the turbine, then the bypass, and still had the issue, I then removed the inlet duct that connects the inlets to the bypass,, That is what is causing the interference,,
SO my question is this,, Do you believe this is a problem?? If so then my only action is to not run the inlet duct with the bypass, it is not bowed up, and sits flat agains the inlets like it is supposed to.
I was told it would be best to use the bypass system, because it helps keep the turbine cooler, and gives more performance,, I am still fairly new to this side of the hobby, My new ultra flash is my second jet, and I want it to be right, so I am asking for advice on this,,, as always Thanks
Ronnie