RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 06:15 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SR117
Guys how badly does this plane react if it's nose heavy. My cof g is 215 . I'd prefer not to add more weight to tail and I have no room to shove stuff in around the saddles.. I maybe able to use lighter batteries once I see the usuage of the tech inside on flights. I have some lighter batteries and they bring me to 220. But are only 1800 ma each and I have hv brushless servos throughout. My current batteries are 2650 lipo 2s.. Turbine is 3800 life 3s. I could lower the turbine bty size ... It's a p140rx

if I major refit I could change it but I'm over the build for now and want to fly....

ive flown nose heavy planes before but they only detract from a nice slow landing. I'm not sure how the jet will react.

thoughts?
I think you are better off getting the cg further back, especially if you like to do a lot of 4 point or slow rolls. I think a forward cg will increase your rotation/landing speed & reduce elevator effectiveness. Probably a silly question, but do you have a batt far forward in the nose that can be dropped into one of the batt pockets? Maybe someone else who has tried that cg will chime in, but I'd take the extra weight in the tail to get cg correct & reduce inflight aerodynamic forces over a few ounces less overall weight.
my 2 cents