RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question for Horrace Cain, candidate for AMA Executive VP in 2014 re: AMA and drones
Old 10-05-2014, 07:34 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hossfly
OK Ace here goes the election: I, personally, do NOT feel it is in AMA's best interest to welcome all forms of FPV aerial RC aeromodeling.

I think this sentence will earn you far more votes than you'd imagine ......

One thing I would like to see clarified , not specifically from Hoss but from everyone else here in general also ; Are you folks making the distinction between "AMA doc # 550 legal" FPV and commercial drones ? Because I think ALL #550 compliant FPV for hobby entertainment IS as much a part of our hobby as any other sub genre (freeflight , turbine , floatplane , etc) , and that any commercial drone activity is about as related to hobby RC as our AMA is related to quilting !

I see many instances of "FPV" being used when I would hope the folks are talking about "Drone" . Remember , FPV in the AMA sense = doc # 550 , and Drone = commercial operations . I fear not our organization embracing FPV , but believe the higher ups are chasing somehow being relevant in the Drone operations that as a hobby based organization our AMA has NO right whatsoever becoming involved in . When the really big Drone $$$ begin to flow in we hobbyists of ALL types of flight will be swept away like yesterday's trash . It's called "Repurposing" or "Rebranding" by the corporate shmucks that have ruined our country along with the politicians , and don't for a minute think that it couldn't happen to us !