RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please help trouble shoot a few minor problems with my Torro Tiger II (Erik?)
Old 10-05-2014, 12:40 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joel, please don't take this the wrong way, it is only meant for you to get the most out of the hobby.

I'm not familar with Taigen, I've never even seen one in person. I'm sure Erik will take care of you since IMEX seems absolutely dedicated to customer service.

All of that said, this hobby requires the ability to maintain and repair, there's no avoiding it. Sending these things back and forth is too costly and time consuming for both the customer and supplier. It's one thing if you receive a cracked hull or DOA tank, by all means it should be replaced, no questions asked, but otherwise they are an assembly of components and should be treated as such. I'm sure Erik can talk you through diagnosis and send you new units to replace if necessary, but it would be better for all involved if you can install yourself. Every moving part is easily removed and replaced.

My Tamiya JS-2 was dumped off a table moments before it's first battle, breaking the upper hull hinge, bending the lower hull at the idler and jamming the recoil. That's over $800 of tank and no way was Tamiya going to take it back. The MFU/DMD are lifetime, but otherwise I'm on my own. Fortunately, 5 minutes with a needle nose and bent parts were bent back and I was battling right away. Very few times have I returned from battle without some repair needed, however minor, stuff happens, even with the expense tanks.

Dan's spot on regarding smokers. Best course of action is to carefully remove, open the nearest window and throw it as far as you can.

I hope you get this sorted out as soon as possible and back running.