RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar9 Mk IXc 30CC and Electric Also!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:34 PM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by marvair
Hi Roger,

Thank you for the info. It is a good head-up tip. I Wonder if I could gain 1,5 cm to 2,0 cm by mounting the engine mount from the Inside of the firewall.
I was thinking that there was space for an FG-40.

How much space left on the right / left side between cowl and engine?

How much weight did you add to reach acceptable CG with a FG-36?

Merci & Keep your stick on the ice... eh

Marvin

I will wait for the Gears. Here in Europe the Retract: Spitfire Mk IX (EFLG625SP) retails for 350.00 EUR.... (492.00 CAN) EH!!!
Marvin, good day eh!

The FG40 will fit into the cowl but mounting the engine from the inside of the firewall would require major rework such as removing the fuel tank floor, servo mounting tray, cutting them shorter in length etc. The FG40 could be mounted similar to what I have done with the FG36, and you would only have to make a shroud to cover the top hatch 6mm gap.

The space on the left side between the engine mount beam and the inside of the cowl is 25mm. The right side measured from the engine mount beam is 35mm.

I have not completed full installation yet, I still have the ignition module, refuel valve, engine fibre optic kill switch and 3 batteries to install before I know how much dead weight has to be added to achieve recommended CG.

When I purchased the E-flite retracts I paid a total of $419.00cdn including tax, eh.

Roger