RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 08:51 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
I am hesitant to mention this but I have 13.5 inch Progressive 440 shocks on the rear of my Sportster, the stockers were 11.75" immoveable objects. In the front I installed Progressive Fork Springs and used the included spacers at their full 3" length with BelRay 7w Fork Oil. It raised the bike about 1" I have 4.5" of travel in the front and 3.42" in the rear. The bike is completely unruffled by bumps in turns and the rear shocks have inertia activated valves, called IAS in the rear. It does not squat on take off or on hard acceleration. Hardly any fork dive when braking.
I hope Bill comes back and haunts you for that! You can do penance by finding that front fork post of his that you deleted and reinstate it........

OF- you can turn it down. I want to hear it beep though. It catches radar before it's strong enough to radiate back unless the operator is really trying to ambush you. That's why you always pay attention to the guy in front if you are lucky to have a front man to get the first shot. If not, then drive accordingly. Defensive driving takes some thought and a few new techniques to survive unscathed when bending the rules and relying on a detector. One magazine reviewer claimed the S-2000 was designed solely for the purpose of socially irresponsible driving, and that's sums it up pretty good. There's times where it pays to look like an old man driving a change-of-life car. I don't know about the shielded oscillators in the V1. That's how they get you; they detect your crystal oscillator. Same principle for the vans in Holland and elsewhere looking for untaxed radios. I think the V1 is shielded, but you can email them and ask. However, If radar is out there it will light up an arrow for the direction and tell you how many, and type of radar long before they can 'see' you. It's saved me for years.

I didn't get out yesterday as I still felt ragged. Today it's a big, big college football day around here since we are #2 in the country and playing the #3 team of upstarts. Then, we have our much hated rivals playing a cupcake team. No flying for me.