RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 02:16 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Passive detectors "capture" the radar rays / sounds as they are operating with no emmission from the detection unit. Frequency hopping is proving a problem but 2.4gig technology assists there (adapted to the unit). To get a truly sesitive unit (1km) is difficult but not impossible especially when you avail yourself of some of the taxes we pay
Old fart Bathurst lost a bit of its appeal after the L34's and A9X's departed the scene. The current "normalisation" of designs leaves me cold. When I was playing it was run what you brung, if you didn't beat the other guy get another ride not "equalise" the rides. Bit like no body looses thing in schools..
Saito 50's mine is out of preservation and about to go flying again. The last one I had got wrapped around a construction site crane at Cheras in Malaysia. Don't ask But I think the 50 is one of the best Saitos I have ever owned alongside the 65 and I am a sucker for a decent one on offer any time. Bathurst time, flying maybe but I'll see the start and I reckon a Holden will win today but those Volvo's are good units and BTB it was good to see George Fury there. Consider a 2.36 (I think ) minute lap in a 4 cylinder Datsun (L510) (30 years ago) and compare that with a 2.06 lap from a V8 yesterday.