RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster F5 questions
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi guys,

I have been following this thread and some of you may recall me asking for setup help a few months ago myself. I built my Skymaster F5e some years ago with an original AMT Pegasus in it. Then earlier this year I decided to revive it and fit an AMT Pegasus HP with a new radio setup, hence my questions then.

In the meantime I have again sorted my F5 and it is now right. Here is what I have;

- No stab modifications, except for mass balancing.
- Nose gear mount has 12mm spacers added to give the required AOA on take off and it works 100%.
- CG is at 110mm from wing LE (not the fuselage). About center of the airbrakes. You can go forward, but not back from there.
- Throws are: Ailerons - 15mm up and 18mm down with 15% expo, Elevator (neutral as per manual) - 45mm up and down with 15% expo, Flaps - 20mm take off and 30mm landing with 3mm and 8mm up compensation on elevator, Rudder - 40mm both ways with 15% expo.

I am am not an aggressive pilot and like to use my power in the verticals. The jet is fast and will hold your concentration. It comes in on approach with a nice nose up attitude.

Cheers,

Jan