RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wing Loading P51, Too Heavy??
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 03:45 AM
lancr735
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS everyone for their suggestions, comments and compliments.

Cafeenman your confusion on the exhaust system is because it is not finished yet. There is plugs for the tube ends and the right side manifold is on the table under the model, there is MUCH tedious tig welding to do yet. I would have rather had purchase a bolt on scale exhaust from the guy mentioned who makes them but he was too busy to talk to me even, wouldn't even sell me just the manifolds so I was left with 2 choices, hack the cowl with a big ugly muffler or make my own, so if I have to make it it at least should look the part, luckily I have the skills and equipment to do such just not the time lately, all this work was done last winter, just getting back into it now again and hoping for some time

I am glad to hear it is sounding like it is not going to be a flying brick and wing loading is not too high, I want a fun model to fly not a headache. I'm hoping to have it completed for spring, I will post some pictures of the exhaust system once completed, each manifold will be iso mounted to the fire wall with tabs to help support it all. I will definitly stall test on first flight, 16 oz of gasoline should give 20+ minutes of air time for a long unhurried first flight.

More suggestions and comments welcome. Anyone possibly have the original plans and reccommended CG point or better yet flying one of these??

Last edited by lancr735; 10-12-2014 at 03:51 AM. Reason: spelling errors