RCU Forums - View Single Post - a sticky wicket, indeed
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Top_Gunn
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

t says very clearly, in red letters (I hope you aren't color blind); "A Medical or U.S. Driver’s License". Case closed.
I know that: But you claimed that the requirements about not having had your medical suspended or revoked and not having failed your last medical applied to people who were using a medical, rather than a driver's license. That isn't true. It isn't true for two reasons. First, that's what the brochure (which just restates the law) says, as plainly as English can be written, and the fact that some of the sentences use the word "if" doesn't change that. Second, it would be ridiculous to say that people with a current medical can't use that medical if it was suspended or revoked or if they didn't get it. Those people don't have a current medical, so why would we need additional rules to prevent them from using a medical that they don't have to get a sport pilot certificate?

I made a mistake in one of my earlier posts, and I admitted it. Are you really committed to the idea that the rules about medicals being revoked, etc. don't apply to people who are using a drivers license instead of a medical, or are you just desperately trying to conceal the fact that what you said was wrong?

Last edited by Top_Gunn; 10-12-2014 at 05:18 PM.