RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 02:39 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave you left the 'd' out of retarees heh heh honestly just kidding friend thanks for the advice on the 125.Next time i'll approach the tuning a bit different ie with some thought !

Agree with you about the 490 how do you think your 501 compared? lots of people over the years have ridden the 490 and know how explosively fast they are with good handling and top notch engineering and fittings.On the other side you had two stroke road bikes of a similar adrenalin number.Kawasaki's first mach 3,the h1 (the widowmaker) was an evil piece of kit.The gearbox was five up with neutral at the bottom,oh that was so handy..as was the farmgate hinge fitted to the middle of the frame,none of the jap bike manufacturers fixed that one for years.Anyway,that's all small change after you twist the throttle.It's got no more power than a puch 50 mo-ped (no no,i never rode one) until the needle hits 4800 rpm.Take a note of that figure as i don't mean 4799 or 4801..i'm serious,thats when you got the other 95% of it's horsepower rating.What that did to poverty pack suspension components and a weak frame plus skinny rock hard dunlops and a scared rider well,if there's a fellow sufferer out there speak up..

ps since we are all sittin round the flying field shootin the breeze can i say that i've just seen an old timer fly past,ain't no way i'm flying that !! saito engine or not.I'm just not old enough yet trev buddy mate blah blah just kidding