RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offence intended with the last post old fart, really. I find O/timer flying to be one of the most relaxing, testing and enjoyable flying. The rush you get from watching a 4 pound 88 inch wing span model, go vertical and the wingspan reduce to the size of your little finger (in length) in 30 seconds is something to be experienced. Add the sound of these models "getting out of town" and if that doesn't stir your soul you are dead. The challenge in the glide to keep the damm thing up there is the frustrating side and of course you get to practise your dead stick landings every flight. I race and dabble in scale but the competition that O/T flying presents is "almost pure". No pretty babies no subjective judging, no ARF's (they have all been sold never to be repeated) and a variety of designs and classes provides the variation and interest not experienced in any other class of aeromodelling. Of course you have to be of a particular mindset and be over 50 years of age to get out of the junior ranks. Look us up at the nats next year and I might lend you a model.