RCU Forums - View Single Post - Throttle Return Spring
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 12:16 AM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mackeyjones
If it aint broke dont fix it...if something happens so your throttle cable or push rod snaps, it goes back to idle. never had an issue with it on, dont see the point in messing with a perfectly good system. I see way to many fliers think that they have to fiddle with everything. In the end a good percentage of them end up being bitten on the ass.
I knew a guy who was a textbook example of what not to do. He would take something brand new, decide he knew better than the manufacturer and proceed to make it unserviceable.

Case in point. He had a brand new gas engine he had never run. Someplace he read (probably online) that he could make it run better or get more power out of it by drilling a hole in the carb. So he did. He could never get the engine to run. So he's at the field trying to start the engine going on and on about how the manufacturer made this crappy engine and doesn't know what they're doing and if they can't make engines that run they shouldn't be in business, yada, yada.

I'm like, dude, you took a brand new engine and drilled holes in it and you're blaming the manufacturer??? *** is wrong with you?

I knew this guy for years and nothing he had ever worked. I never once saw him get a plane off the ground and that is no exaggeration. In one case he brought a plane to the field he had just finished and it had a square leading edge. He totally forgot to shape it and never noticed it even when was covering it. He wasn't senile or dementia. But he had a rectangular leading edge that was amusing.